View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough
Default Hey Folks from Northwest Indiana

A little about me; I used to be a maint tech for various companies. Did pretty well with that after leaving the Navy in 94. Learned a lot about RC aircraft built many airplanes, and crashed a few. Had my own Hobbie shop for awhile, sorry that didn't work out. Ex wives have a habbit of getting in the way at times.
Worked in Navada for a couple of years and ran a Northwest dragline when needed. That job payed out when we ran out of gold ore
Came back to Indiana and have been here since. While working at a box plant I became ill and was put on disability.
Not one to sit around I started back to school, me at 53 going to college. I thought it was so tuff before I started attending, I wonder why I never went to higher education before. I am currently studing design tech. I should be able to finish up in the next year if all goes right.
Since the Sark took most of my eyesight I no longer fly, currently kicking myself in the butt for selling all my rc gear. I have been building scale wood replicas of military models for the last eight years. I find that it is easier to design them now that I can use AutoCad (still learning Solidworks).
I have a small cnc wood router and a larger one under construction (on hold due to the job situation). So to pass the time I decided to build a 1/16th scale Het 1070 (since I have the M1A1 tank already). I have spent the last six months designing this truck and researching this hobby. You guy's have been a big inspiration, and for this I thank you.
My other hobby is building violins, not as much fun but pays better. I will be posting my first build soon.

Thanks for letting me into the forum.

Carl