View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: National Pike digging show vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Steve-looks like you needed a little dozer work on the bench before you started your walk You got it moving though. Looked a bit touchy trying to load the dump truck with the dragline. Nice size comparison too! I guess that's what it's like with the real machines trying to load a truck. Emptying that giant bucket without crushing the truck. Did the extra angle on the teeth help the bucket dig in. It looks like it was working good. Great videos and pictures!
I wanted some dozers there but they didn't show We just used a flat shovel and a tamper to level things out. By Sunday all the benches were in good shape.
We did get fined by MSHA for not having a berm on the haul road Just look at the video of Scott's Tonka dump almost going over the edge
Yes, the bucket worked excellent. That bend did the trick. I had no problem scratching up a full bucket load. I was even able to dig with the back of the bucket up slightly with tight hoist chains like it's supposed to do.

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 08-16-2011 at 04:47 PM.