View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:22 PM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road
Default 55 Pete 281 DUEL **UPDATE 9/18 PIC HEAVY!!**

Well I finally got enough fabbing plastic/styrene done to justify a thread of this build. I'm really going all out on this build, gonna try to get every detail as close to the movie truck as possible. First I had to raise the cowl panel up, then chop the A-pillars down and angle them foward. Also had to make all new front window channels to get the vintage look of the old Petes.

The roof had to be sectioned a bit and new cab corners made out of styrene. I wanted the roof to be overlaped on the corners and in the middle just like the old trucks. So I had to make a center support for the panels to lay on. Also had to drill and peg all the but glue joints so they would be stronger but very time consuming

Got a bunch of putty work done on the roof and fill in some minor areas. Goind to cover the entire body w/ .010 sheet styrene to give it that extra realism of overlapped panels.

I accidently ordered a reefer tag axle Travis is gonna hook me up with the right length housing. Thanks Travis!

Cut the bumper way down, haven't got to make the railroad tie bumper for it yet.

Also got Steve making me some 5 and 6 slot wheels for it can't wait to see them Steve! >Marty<

Last edited by DuelTruckDriver; 09-19-2011 at 08:32 AM.