View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pete 357 tri-axle dump update 9/05/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straywolf View Post
Gosh i feel all warm and fuzzy inside now ......wait maybe it was that Burrito i ate I just wanted to try something different and it worked out, boy did my hand hurt after all those i did, but i would do it it again. I wonder if the guy at Scale hardware is wondering why he is getting flooded for rivet orders lol

Man those step tanks came out awesome they look really sweet and the air cleaners are just amazing, there really is alot of talent here on the board.

Also i was wondering (if its not a trade secret) is there a build thread or possablly one you may do to give your pete's that pete look? I was wondering what you did different on your cabs and such, so maybe this old feeble mind could learn a new trick or 2?

Again excellent work Brian!!!

Mike
Thanks Mike! The Pete cabs have alot of altering dome. First I extend the cowl out 1/4 inch, during this I also square off the cowl a little. The cabs that were used after the 359's were like this. Then I re-angle the windshield 1/4 in the middle. This is the hardest part. then I raise the roof (dome it) about 1/8th of an inch. If you look at the first page of the thread there are some pics of it there. Thanks!

Brian