View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: PFB's Vario JD 850D

Previously, my tracks only made a few revolutions before smoking a Sabertooth 2x12, then when I got a 2x25 smoked one of the motors. So my tracks have virtually zero wear to date! lol

And being that my tracks have turned very little, I was surprise to see some of the friction fit wrist pins have moved 2-4mm or so one way or the other. I wonder if I dribble a bit of blue locktite around each pin if that'll keep them from moving?

Kalle, when you say $1200, is that USD? Aluminum would never last under the weight of this model, too soft. And $2400 for SS is nearly half the price of the entire model!!!

I'll be doing lots of twisting & turning carving down the remaining part of the south wall, that'll be a good test for the durability of the tracks.

If you find you're skipping a track often PFB, then you may need to tighten them up. Tap out a wrist pin to seperate a track, the idler just pulls out. Using a 7mm deep socket, screw out the locknut till you have about 2mm thread showing with your spring in place. That's where I set mine to just now, there's still a wee bit of give there yet, but hopefully not enough to let a track slip off the idler.

Joe