View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Over The Road Hauler "OverHaul"

Here's an update for everyone but some good pics for Mike as well. I hope these help you see what I had to do to make the hood tilt Mike.

Anyways, not a whole lot of progress lately with the busy week and the holiday thrown in there but I've got a little time today to work on the truck some. I decided I didn't like the "high roller" look that the truck had so I shaved off the body mounts underneath and dropped the cab about a 1/4 inch. Since I dropped the cab I had to lower the mounting point for my hood so I had to do a little cutting on the front bumper support and go back and re-measure everything so it could open again. The mounting holes for the front bumper are still the stock location so everything else stays factory height for now.

I ordered some low pro tires to get this large car a little lower to the ground and to give me a little more fender clearance as well. I hope to have them and a new set of frame rails from Freddy this week and I should b rocking.

Enough talk and here are some more photo's for everyone to see how the hood mounts and pivots.

Thanks for looking guys and hope to hear back from ya'll.

Tyler