View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SPIKE LUG NUTS...OUCH!!!

As for tightening them, I was just going to tighten them as I tightened the screws you installed. Wort comes to worst I would drill out the holes in the hub and then use a pair of needle nose pliers with some shrink tube on them so as not to mar up the surface...

As for cost... um.. I'm in it a grand now and it's nowhere near finished, I still have to buy the MFU, I'm looking at around $400 to $600 for a paint job. Plus the grill, tanks, about $250 in small detail parts. Lets not forget 300 LED's.

Heck whats a few more bucks for lug nuts.

I got a new drill press for Christmas I might try to make them myself. I want a different type for my truck.

I think the hardest part would just be the size. They would have to be between 1/4" and 5/16' long and probably 4-5mm round. Be a pain to drill and tap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive