View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: So what was everyone's first truck?

I got my first hobby grade model in '2000. It was a second hand E-Maxx, which I ran a few times and then quickly sold. I found out I really liked the rock crawlers, which were still in their infancy back then. I bought a new Tamiya TXT-1 and built it up, with plenty of modifications. I can't build anything stock. Then the truck morphed into a Clod axled TXT-1, and then was disassembled. I still have everything I need to put it back together the way it was. One day I will. To remind of where it all started. I've had plenty of go fast trucks through the years and lots of scale/crawler 4x4s, but I got into the big rigs about 2004, I think. With a King Hauler. I chopped it up as soon as I opened the box. Made a day cab out of it, shaved the headlights, ect. I later bought a new Aeromax and a second hand Aeromax from Paul. But shortly after, the Wedico bug got me and I sold all my Tamiya rigs, never having actually driven one. I like to build'em more then run them, but to this day I have not driven any semis yet. My Wedico is going to be my first! If I ever finish it. The more I see these trucks - Tamiya's and Wedicos - the more I feel like selling most of my other RC models off and getting just into this end of the hobby. I would also like some heavy equipment someday too, but probably not until the Wedico Pete is finished. I also have another Wedico Pete sitting in the boxes yet. That one will be easy to build, once I figure out everything I want to do with my current one! All the little things that annoy me about the Wedicos, I will have the solutions for.

Last edited by Espeefan; 09-03-2010 at 01:51 PM.