View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So the magnetic connection will determine how much pressure it's capable of?
I'm not sure Joe I've talked about these with Freddy awhile back , we both agreed It just will not work for what we need . I guess in a sense it will these pumps are for some labatory/medical use not requiring a lot of press I think The 2 small pumps I have came with the motor and mag drive , not changing anything on them I can't get but a drip out of the outlet . for the kind of Pressure Joe and I get out of the bigger 1's they must have 1 heck of a magnet coupling . I didn't pay alot for the few I have ,but they require modification for our use . for what the cost new , your better of buying what we have available in the hobby already . I'll use what I have , cause I have them now , but in the future will just save for the Jung set up . I was really impressed with it for the few min. I took the controls of Ed's excavator . next is valves I just keep going back and forth on buying or make . I got to speend another grand on a collet chuck and collets for the lathe so I can make the plungers being that the big chucks I have now can't hold much smaller then 3/8" . tooling seems to win out these days though .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.