View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: evercoat poly-flex filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
I got the same stuff, to use on my autocar project. put it on let it set and was ready to sand , and I could pull it off the body like a layer of skin. wouldnt stick to body. well did in some parts but still not great. so frustrated now the body a mess I feel like scraping the whole thing.
I would say it is one of three problems. 1 body prep was not done right scuffing the surface and removing contaminates. 2 the filler and hardener was not mixed correctly. 3 incompatibility of the material being covered. Don't give up just clean it off and try again. I always clean my parts with rubbing alcohol and let them dry for a few min before I add body filler or primer. A good tack cloth also works good for getting rid of the dust left behind that compressed air or a wipe down with a rag just wont get.

I have been using the new poly flex and I have been so impressed I through away the other ever-coat fillers I had.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11