View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 AM

siuvinson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scale Pick Up Advice

There is a brand called "road rippers" that makes some toys in 1/14-1/16 scale. I've got a dodge ram and an f150 body of their's reserved to do just want you want to do. Also, check out agriculture-related stores like Tractor Supply or Blaine's F&F...they normally have a good selection of branded John Deere/etc. toys and you might find something in your scale there.

My problem is finding axles of the correct width. In their stock forms, the losi micro crawler (mcrc) axles are good for 1/20 scales and below, same with the Redcat Sumo Crawlers (rcsc). The 1/18 losi mini crawler (mrc) axles are actually a good width for the larger 1/12 scale tamiya bodies, if you're going for the scale "wheels w/in the fenders" look...so that won't help you in the 1/14 deparment. RC4WD makes some mini axles, but they are also geared towards the 1/20 scales and you'll spend $100 to get a pair.

There's a guy on Scale 4x4 that has modded some Sumo axles to a width that would be just about perfect, but I haven't approached him to see if he'd be interested in making me a set. Another good thing about the scrc axles compared to the mcrc axles is that the Sumo's aren't worm-gears like the Losi's are, so they are more durable and can handle more power/torque. PM me if you want his screen name - I don't think he's a member here, but he's a wizard with anything "micro".