Thread: I need help!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need help!!

Man, to have any two different anti-virus packages on a machine can cause issues. They tend to clash. You should always completely remove the old one before installing the new one.

You may already know this, but just in case: This should be done by Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Select the program and uninstall. Some people just delete the shortcuts thinking that removes the whole program.

Try completely uninstalling all antivirus packages this way and then resinstall just AVG from scratch. AVG is actually pretty good, I have been using it for years and I am in the IT business.

If it is still not working, as dabears said, try another browser. Firefox is great, I myself use Google Chrome as I find it to be the fastest and most reliable browser with good crash recovery etc.

Lastly, if you are using Internet Explorer, go to the task bar and click Tools / Internet Options, select the security tab, then the sites button and add http://rctruckandconstruction.com as a trusted site. Make sure it is not in the restricted sites list. Then click the Privacy tab and again add this site to the sites list. Put the privacy setting to medium.

If that doesn't work smash your computer to pieces with a large hammer and get a new one, that's what I would probably do! HA!