View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I'm looking for suggestions on a low rpm, "realistic" gas engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omj86 View Post
Seems to be kinda hard to find a gas engine with lower rpm then 2500.
Is still need to be a small size so it will fit inside the Tamiya.
I guess I will try my first project with the Ford Aeromax, it will be good
to have the space avalibale in the hood and under the house, i guess it will be needed

I will have a engine that can fit in the hood, with the shaft facing backward, and have a fan in the front under the hood to cool it down.

How is it to have low and high gear on this?
I'm thinking lowgear on forward and rev, and allso a high gear on forward.
I know Tamiya have 3 gear speed controller on the el, but how is it to get this on the gas system?

How is the FS-30 4stroke to convert to gasoline or diesel?
How will the specs on the enignes be when convertet? Same RPM and tourqe?
Or will this change?
You can use a single gear clutch bell to drive the stock tamiya trans but you will have to research/find a reversing unit to go after the tamiya trans to go backwards.

You will have to research what carb would be needed to run gasoline in the OS 30 4-stroke. You will aslo have to find a good way to mount this carb.

A very heavy rotating mass will be required to keep the engine running at very, very low rpm's. You could make a 2inch or so brass flywheel that is mounted beside the engine and driven by belt... the flywheel would have a small (about 3/4inch pulley) on the front of it so that it would turn over twice as fast as the engine providing a really nice smooth idle.

The first step would be to make a test stand and get the engine, ignition, carb, flywheel assembly and fan working great and then tackle the drive train.

"No load is too Small"