View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My first Tonka dump truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuvinson View Post
Scott I've always loved this little truck...pretty much everything on it is "outside the box" when it comes to how you designed and built it. Actually, that's pretty much the theme on all your builds...you're very creative!

How does this scale up to the bruder's (1/16) or tamiya (1/14) stuff? Seems closer in scale to the 1/14 stuff from the vids I've seen.

Any projects lined up for the winter months this year? I know you usually don't tinker during the warmer months, I don't either.
Thank you very much. The Tonka trucks and Dopeke Unit crane are right at 1/16. IMHO they look ok with the Tamiya 1:14.5 stuff though because they are so close in scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69tony12 View Post
thanks, im only doing the rear with leaf springs, a long night and i got it done, the front i might do what you did without any springs, may i ask, when you lift them up, do the axles just dangle because theres no shocks/springs?
There are springs under there they are just blocked from view. If you look real close at the rear axle you can see the back of the spring on the second photo. It is actually setup with two stages so that when it is full of dirt or stone the spring you barley see hits the frame and offers more support.
The axles drop down some like a full scale truck would but, they are limited by the suspension links and wont go too far.

"No load is too Small"