View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
now this is a great build! love the colours! would look awesome with a trailer and a fighter plane on the back!
Thanks Sharkey, I'm doing a box trailer with the same paint theme and a huge "Support or Troops" own the sides but I really like the idea of the plane on a trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Really nice build. That black sets it off.
Thanks Plow Jockey, I was trying for less is more on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Another great start to a build! I will be watching this one for sure. Satin black is going to look sweet!
Thanks bigrigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBUILDER1964 View Post
I just dont know Keith... black rims VS chrome ? I dont know....the more I think about it...black just might do the trick my friend ! you can always go back to chrome later huh ? I love the black stacks ,tanks and battery box....nice touch ! Cant wait to see it finished...please keep us updated on this project !
Thanks Rick, I think I'm going to try a set of Dayton's on it unpolished. I'll see ow that looks. And thanks or painting an awesome cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
very cool build!! Certainly a one of a kind!! Love it!!
Hey thanks Aaron, when the trailer is complete it should really come together. Now I'm working on the lights and sound, not my strong point at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab59 View Post
Just a thought but they have Black Chrome out , best of both all in one???
Good thought CrewCab59, I have a set on one of my crawlers, I'll hold them up against and see. I'm going to try the Datons as well unpolished and see how that does. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
well personally i would not would have black or chrome, black is too dark,and will not offset the chassis. Chrome is to bright and will take away the whole picture of that beautiful cab. Just normal alloy wheels, basic set and nothing fancy, as they are not that bright, but look nice and when you look at the truck, you will see the whole model and not just the bright chrome rims staring at you! bright chrome would be fine if you had a different colour cab and chassis. I would only ever put black rims on a white cab and chassis. thats my 2 cents.
I hear ya, I'm trying the Dayton's as soon as they come in and I'll post pics of that when I'm done. Thanks for your input.