View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
I really like those PMD reductions and now that they bolt on to the transmission they are very clean. The only draw back might be on a long rig you can use the older style for a reduction and a carrier bearing at the same time.

Have fun with your rebuild. How do you like the RC4WD trailer?
Hey Craig,
Ya, I like the new version GRU. So easy to install and clean set up. Also cheaper to purchase than the original GRU like in my truck. Fortunately on this truck we are only doing a 3" stretch so no issues with a super long driveline. Any longer and yes I agree the old unit would be better.
I like the RC4WD trailer. Very solid. Had a few problems at first with one of the support legs , got that working good now. There is a few paint chips which are now hidden under the checker plating and behind the DOT tape so all is good
Next project after Susan's truck is done is to install the wireless light kit I got from SS tronix and figure out how to install the motorized legs kit which is a little different than what RC4WD has mounted on this trailer.
I wish I could afford a loader or excavator for the trailer but 5 grand is a little much.....maybe in the future I'm thinking about getting a panzer tank instead. For a thousand bucks, that's more what I can afford

Mario