View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheelbase measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Dan , for wheel base measurement , Truckmaker is right on the $ . Bridge law only specifies the min distance between axles for a specific weight to be carried . I'm not sure how the manufacture figures the twin steer set up . I think it is still from the front most front axle . IIRC from pics of what I saw your building , I don't think you need to worry about that unless it's different . If your going military , I don't think they worry about bridge law .
I was looking for overall WB measurement, because the truck I'm basing my build off of is currently used in the military, full specs are very difficult to come by for it. I have some measurements for pieces parts on the truck so I can just measure off of those and scale up to figure out what the actual WB measurement is.

but I also wanted the tandem setup measurements because the size tires I'm running don't allow me to use the basic Tamiya configuration. I figured because I'm making the tandem mount I might as well get as exact as possible to keep it scale with the rest of the build.

As you figured I probably don't need to worry about it with this truck but it's technically not a full military truck, it is available to the private sector as well. The other build I'm doing is full on military so I really wasn't worried at all about that one.

Thank you very much to all who chimed in on this, all the info was very helpful.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 11-14-2012 at 01:39 AM.