View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cutting up a Globe Liner

Thanks Pip. The cabs really aren't to expensive, and I did buy a Globe Liner cab separate. I figured I'd try my hand at modifying the cab first, and if it goes well, I'll order up the complete kit. I've already filled in the opening for the original GL grille. I'm working on the headlights right now. I'm going double rounds, instead of the double squares, though the double rounds seem to require more work. The fiberglass surround of the 1:1 K100 has curves in it. I do plan to add a bunch of rivets to the cab too. In looking at photos of the K100, I have noticed some with different windshild wiper arms, but I did not notice the grab handles being different lengths! It seems to depend on the year of the truck too, if I'm not mistaken. I'd like mine to be a pretty close replica, but I'm not going to sweat it if it isn't perfect. Thanks for the advice! I'll be cutting the new fender openings and skirting off pretty soon. I might post some photos of that a bit later, depending on the sucess, or lack there of!