View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cutting up a Globe Liner

Okay guys, I thought I'd share some progress photos here. I'm trying to figure out if i've captured the correct look or not, with my body work. The headlight surrounds have proven to be a little challenge, but I thought why not see if I can machine a block of styrene with my mill to get things really clean and accurate. Here are the results.

This is not the bumper I'll be using, (it's an experiement in itself, which failed) but just to give an idea of what the cab might look like, in a more completed state. The stock louvers on the cab have already been shaved too.

What do you guys think? My test headlight surround piece is just that. A test to see how it looks and fits. It's not glued in, nor blended into the body yet, but I think it looks pretty nice. I know the K100 cabs, with double round headlights, have a radiused edge on the fiberglass surround. I may try to do that by sanding the edge, once everything is glued in place.

Last edited by Espeefan; 12-19-2012 at 09:09 AM.