View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cutting up a Globe Liner

Thanks guys. We'll see how well it turns out, once it's ready for a coat of primer, but I appreciate the comments! Primer usually shows the flaws.

I had a chance to get a little more work done on the cab. I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I don't have any Tamiya parts for the big rigs, other then this cab, so I hope I got the fender cut properly to fit, with a nice even gap. I'll have to position the axle so the wheel openings match the tires, and that's all!

One more frontal shot. I haven't taken a true head-on photo, to show how far apart the headlights are now.

That's about it! I think this cab is ready for it's own thread, in the highway trucks section. I have been pretty happy with the progress I made, so I ordered up a Globe Liner kit. I only started with this cab, thinking if it turned out nice, I'd build an entire truck. I held off on ordering a complete kit till I knew I'd be happy with the cab mods. I also ordered some other things for the truck. I'll start a thread for the offical build in the new year! Thanks for looking.