View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAT 963 Full Hydraulic Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looking great!!! The lights are a much needed addidtion! Great work on it!
Thanks Aaron, looks a little different on here than a phone pic huh? I'll have to get some more shots with the whole cab back on and the correct voltage to the lights. They are a little brighter and more of a pure white than the pics show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Terrific work! really neat fit inside that small space, are you sure you have enough bolts holding the motors in though?!

Are you going to use oil in the hydraulic system or anti-freeze?

Looking forward to seeing it in action.
Stu
Stu, thank you for the compliments as well. The tight fit in this model makes for some innovative thinking but everything seems to be fitting quite nicely inside the model and I should have some extra room to spare for a sound unit later on.

As for hydraulic fluid I have been doing a lot of testing with different oils and weights and I had pretty good luck with a fully synthetic 10wt oil but over a prolonged running period it broke down too much and caused the motor to work too hard for what I wanted so I am back to running an RV antifreeze in the system. Now I know some people don't like it because of its alcohol content in it but so far I have seen no ill side effects from it and until I do I'm gonna keep running it. My pump seems to love it and stays cold even during continuous run of about 7 minutes before I shut it down cuz the motor temp was starting to rise from continuous running.

If anyone has any more questions just fire away I'm willing to help out any way I can for others looking to do a conversion.

Tyler