View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need explanation- electronics to operate screw drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
SPfan, Thanks for that lengthy explanation. So it makes sense now that you can run multiple esc to control multiple motors from one rx. I never thought that....So does this mean i need to run separate batteries as well? or can one be used with a Y to power both? I have not purchased a radio for this project yet so i can go either way. I guess a stick would be nice to control speed like you mentioned. The esc that Ric sells comes with actual physical limit switchs? or is this something internal in the esc? not sure if you have used one of these #295 before. Id like to know what others who have built their own screw drive have used..whats the preferred setup.
JD, you're welcome. If you so choose, you can run one battery pack on a model, and have multiple ESCs getting their power from it. You simply need to wire the ESCs in parallel, off the single battery pack, with a y-type harness.

The ESC #295, which Ric sells, I haven't actually owned myself. I don't know if it comes with the limit switches or not, but I would assume it probably doesn't. You would have to contact Ric to be sure.

Ric gets a ton of emails every day, so don't feel offended by his short replies. He is a one man operation, plus I think he has one helper, but he has to weed through a lot of emails, some of which come from people who are just tire kickers. Best bet is to call him up. He's a good guy to talk to, on the phone. Always happy to answer questions and explain things. He and I have talked at great lengths about trucks, and projects. He's just like you or I. Very easy to get along with. I'd give him a call. It helps give you a quick answer, rather then waiting for a return email, and a phone call lets him know you are serious, and not just kicking tires.