View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Insuring your models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Well bikes and seadoos are actually land and water transportation devices, much like a car and follow the same regulations. not even close to being the same in terms of legal standing to a diecast/motorized diecast. not even close. not even same planet close. so if you are going to go the insurance way, make sure you arent just throwing money away because you will likely have to sue for actual value reimbursement in the miniscule event something does happen to your collection.
The Personal Article Policy is specifically for such items. Even though the dirt-bikes and sea-doos are considered 'vehicles' and are covered by 'auto insurance', I was relating to them as to the idea they could be considered 'toys'.

Before anyone becomes fearful of insurance policies and the cost, they should get the facts. I am only aware of the Personal Article Policy because I had asked my insurance agent about my trucks & trailers. I'm aware of the dangers of theft, as well as the possibility of damage during common everyday operation. It just seemed that there would have to be something to cover the cost of repair/replacement if something were to happen to them.

Personal Article Policy: Coverage for all kinds of personal property whether inside or outside an insured’s (home) to include jewelry, musical instruments, cameras, fine arts, and precious stones. The insurance policy can be issued separately as an inland marine insurance policy or as an endorsement to the homeowners insurance policy. Protection is on an all risks basis subject to exclusions of wear and tear, war, and nuclear disaster. Each piece of jewelry and other expensive items must be specifically listed in the policy. - www.answers.com

Check with you local agent. I did and it makes all the difference. You should also check with your agent about the deductable, this is of utmost importance.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."