View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Mack Granite with Dump Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Aaron, I've been looking around for small 5000 mili-amp packs, and I came across one in a different thread, here on the forum. Might be worth checking it out. Turnigy 4000 mili-amp, which is a little less then you might want, but it's one of the more compact battery packs I've seen. No idea of the quality though. I'm not really a LiPo guy.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...&postcount=107
Yes that would be perfect!!! Doesn't have to be LIPO but just figured they are smaller...

Ok so heres an update.. was Looking at the cylinder mount and didn't like that it was made out of the thinnest possible sheet metal possible (doghouse or whatever you call it) So I decided to venture into metal work Well I can say this I need better tools but for only using snips and a vise im pleased with it. so heres the thin POS that broke lifting 20lbs

So I took some thicker plate and made this

Then made a polished shiny cover

Didn't turn out too bad for a newbie in metal work lol

Ok so then there was the issue as to where the ----- to put the pump now... So since I was all into cutting metal with the snips today I cut some more, and some plastic and it resulted in this.

So hopefully tomorrow I can get everything soldered in and secured electrical wise. The Battery will just have to sit in the front seat for now until I figure a better idea for it. hmmmm Let me ask this.... If I Run a BEC off a 7.2 to run the pump and servos, can I run the esc for the drive off a separate battery thru the same receiver if I clip the red wire? I have a 11v battery I can run the drive off of but the pump is only 7.2 max.... suggestions?