View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

I try. I never liked it when people would who a picture and not say anything...

Got a few things overnight. Slewing ring cover is outside baking, done with the undercarriage cover as well, i need to attach them and paint them as one. I thought about using mini bolts and tap em/glue the heads to the slewing ring for extra detail BUT i need to stop adding things and just get it done. I can always do that later on. Besides unless you stare in there you wont see them. (you can tell im not a modeller. a modeller would never allow himself to not add the boltheads lol)

My oil tank is outside baking to dry as well. It's a double tank actually. The metal inside and the pretty cover outside. Its the cover that is drying. Photos when all the paint is dry/any filler is dry on those parts.

I hope to get started on the chain covers today.

I was able to get the tracks together. Remember, i never made a tensioner (i was calculating that i wont have to). I left space so i could add one through great pain if really had to (aka if i screwed up). Well, after getting the links to count i am extatic to say that fit is perfect as is! Putting the tracks on is a bit tricky as you have to put them on and then join with the pin. The circlip is the most annoying part but i can live with it. So they are going on last, after final paint and what not.

I also noticed that my shop (garage really) camera is worse than my phone (so much for black friday deals).. I took out the big guns for proper cinematics. Just have to be careful not to smear grease or shavings on those.

The waiting games are real.