View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack Granite with Dump Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
The new dog house looks pretty good for only using basic tools, Aaron. I didn't think the UMS pump was that small! Gee, maybe I could fit one in my truck someplace after all.

As for running two different battery packs - one for the pump, and one for the truck's drive motor, you should be able to do that without a problem, and use the same receiver for both. Assuming your ESC are identical, you don't have to worry about pulling the red wire of off one ESC, even though they will be running different battery packs and voltages. Their internal BEC output should be almost identical, regardless. If your ESCs are different, and have different internal BEC output ratings, then pick the ESC that has the more capable internal BEC, and pull the red wire off the ESC that you don't want to use. Or, buy an external BEC, and pull the terminal pin for the red wires off both ESCs. There are a couple different ways it can be done.
Yea I think I got the battery situation figured out.
Yes the pumps are small, quiet and strong!! I like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
man i wish i was your neighbor!!
LOL the house down the street is for sale... just sayin..

OK truck is fully functional minus the new tanks that are on their way. So heres all the wires done I still may add a second battery if I cant find a big enough MAH battery that fits. Heres some teaser pics no videos until the new tanks arrive....

Heres under the hood where the battery is mounted, the driveline ESC, receiver (which will be airtronics but I don't have the TX here....) steering servo and leads from pump esc

And here is underside esc for pump is in the dummy tank.

What ya think??

And the cab is free for a driver still didn't have to use it.

Thanks for looking