View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HillBilly Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded_Heavy View Post
Hey, Craig. Nice to see some updates of this Red Baron. Lookin better and better everytime. Also looks like you got your SA goodies as well. Nice nice for sure. If you could or can swing it I would have snatched up a set of the Stahl / Leimbach US style super singles. They are a direct bolt up to that axle and have a nice center hub as well as a small bit of taper to the wheel face giving them that true Alcoa look. Either way truck looks great as it sits. One thing to watch out for and be gentle with is the locker arms on the axles. The pin they bolt on is fragile and can snap off quite easily just from the most slightest bit of over tightening. Same goes for them mini lug nuts.

Next time you put another order in from Overseas put out a few bucks on their hex tool set. I believe avf-modell sells them. They are black and green in color. Very very usefull when working on the small scale German hardware. Will also help in case you ever need to tear open your axles as it covers all the popular mini hex sizes the German modellers use in their builds. I got my set from afv-modell. I don't think I've used it in a long while either as I no longer play with the 16th scale German stuff any longer. Probably will sell it off down the road but still undecided yet because they are a fantastic set of drivers to have and can only be obtain off of the German market.
Thanks for the compliments and advice! I thought I could just drill out the lug holes on my Wedico wide rims to 2.05mm and use them, the bolt pattern is the same. Well, I tried it tonight, the rims are heavier, thicker than the ScaleArt wheels, so that means I would need longer lug bolts. Seems everything is a trial and error kind of deal when building a Wedico. Buying aftermarket parts is even kind of a guessing game. I'm not against buying another set of wide wheels but I must know they will fit the wide Fudla tires as well as the Scale Art axle before buying anything.

As for the drivers, I will have to look into that, I could surely use some of those.