View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

when screwed in, they are the exact same height as leim.

im building the next order now. i think i'll get one of each (even the ones i dont need right now) for comparative purposes. should be here next week.

the brass ones are a good deal, but if you select stainless (they usually have different grades of that) price goes through the roof.

yes the ID hole is smaller on these for some reason... i dont have a flow meter to measure if that affects anything. I believe it is because they use imperial and convert to approximate metric. then threads ofc have to be metric precise, but tubing etc is all imperial. you could drill the ID out i suppose. I'll try that. i have like 30 of these to play with

inversely, the leim could be just bigger holes but the inside spacing could be just as constrained, given their aggressive barbs that eat a lot of diameter in the thin areas. i haven't tried the rod through test. i just did a quick leak test the other day and that's it.

The waiting games are real.

Last edited by cdm; 04-13-2013 at 01:12 AM.