View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 PM

biggusditchus is on a distinguished road
Default My take on a Rat Rod Ford

A member of another forum donated this Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin shell (oddly enough a user called Tamiya Cowboy but not Paul from here), so I had to find something to do with it and the Alfa Guila M06 I had was used for the project, once I changed chassis to short wheelbase it all lined up perfectly although to get body sat low enough at rear I had to chop out bed, and make new section higher up.

I had planned to do a rat rod with one truck Im working on at the moment but that hasn't happened so I went with this as the rat rod. The body was primered, then painted white, then primer and then a coat of ford pacific blue. I then set about sanding away through the coats to give a much used look. The rust is Deluxe Scenic Rust and is a kit that includes iron filings (very fine) and a rhin white glue (I think its watered down PVA) that you mix together then apply to the item you want rusting. After this dries you brush on the included blue fluid that must be an oxidising fluid... 8 or so hours later the rust has mostly developed.

Im really happy with the result, the bed load will be altered its just like that at moment to hide the raised area to clear M06 suspension. I also need to find some hubcaps or something I can make hub caps from.

In the last photo it is sat on back of Andy's King Hauler recovery truck.

I wanted to post this but didn't know if there was an appropriate area.. hopefully here is ok, sorry if it isn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.