View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:11 PM

john is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for mini smoke generator

hey supermario did you find a smoke generator? i have an idea for one, kinda like killing two birds or three with one stone haha ive been looking for a scale engine to use in a build and decided to just machine one, then realized the sound would be awsome so make pistons move with crank and have it pump air. but for what right aha smoke!! use the oil pan of the engine to hold smoke oil then have your heater element in the pan also, use the air intake to either suck air threw the air cleaner,, ye right hey even get that air rushing sound hopefully, and have it either bloww threw the smoker or have the engine suck threw the smoker and blow the smoke up and out the exhaust.. im been throwing ideas on this all morning and found this forum, an thought maybe you would have thoughts on this. i would beleive it will need one way valve to keep smoke from coming out air intake and cleaner also i was planning on dual stacks for one application using a straight tee it may require a restictor of some kind on each stack to build slight pressure to get even flo out each stack. of course the motor would be turning and hooked to a throttle control. im new at this an learning about esc bout im sure there some way of hooking the element to the motor and have no smoke at idle and more at WOT. also can a drop of diesel be added to the smoke oil to give a darker hue and maybe go from white smoke to black ?