View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first semi build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
the stock fenders are more Kenworth shape with or with out the headlight buckets
peterbilt fenders have a step down filler panel between the fender and hood side
blue truck is a stock KH hood black is a 3d printed 379
I would like to as close to possible to a 379 Pete and I would also be happy to give the look at first glance. I might see what I can do about that step down. Thanks for pointing that out, it's a small yet big detail I missed while studying the 379. Now I have the cab infront of me I'm learning more about what needs to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
It depends on how Peterbilt correct you want to be but a printed hood also has the front axle moved forward, the King Hauler front axle is back, not at all like a 379. A printed hood also has the skirts behind the fenders. Of corse all of this can be changed on a stock hood but a printed hood makes it easier. My truck is still far from perfect.
If I do anything more to the hood I might add ribs across the top and give it hinges to fold up. I don't think I want to move the axle forward just yet but we all know things always change in this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Looks like a good start.

We love stuff with too many LEDs!

The board only allows edits for 20 min after the post is submitted.
Thank you, I'll be adding UV leds to go with the paint scheme so when they are lit it won't be gentle on the retinas. Hashtag "Retinal Destruction" but I might tone down the brightness a little so I won't have to wear eye protection while operating.

Ah that makes sense with the editing now. I know I edited once before so I was just baffled why I couldn't do it again. I don't like bumping my own threads to add stuff I forgot or just decided to add more information that may not be necessarily warranted for a thread bump.