View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toy truck'n construction show count down

yeah , Indy 2013 is definitely on my to do list !
Last year I stayed at the Candlewood Suites , Indianapolis East ,
( in which I will stay again this year ) . For these hobby-weekends I always use my accumulated travel-points , don't have enough left for the Marriot but for the Holiday Inn chain to which the Candlewood Suites belongs . But I am not saving anything compared to others , since I always accumulate big bar and restaurant bills during such events ,lol.
It is on the same side of the road as the Marriot . Just look on google maps , look for the Marriot Indianapolis East and you will see all the other surrounding hotels .
That Candlewood is nice , since these are suite type rooms with full kitchen and such and even not that expensive , starts at $80,- ( at the moment ) . I am not such a fan of the monster-hotels , not because of the price , since most of the time its not that expensive , but you have to walk for miles in these places and for everything you have to ask extra , refrigerator , microwave etc . The bars and restaurants are nice in the Marriot .
Not the same atmosphere we used to have in the old place , but ok .
The Adams Mark was great ,
you showed up there only once a year and every waitress and bar-keeper remembered you , ( at least the hard-core party-animals , Lol )