View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CrackerBox Test Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
Kent,
I just picked up one of the servo city gear motors to try in the wrecker to save space over the 3 speed. Very nice looking unit, but I have 1 question. Did you pull the stock pinion off the 12v motor and reuse it as the picture appears or go to a different style pinion?
Thanks
Hi Dennis,

Yes I just slid the pinion off the servo city motor and pressed it on the 550 I used, don't care for that type of pinion but its worked running around in the house so I'll run it until it fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Kent lookin great. Nice details - headlight buckets and the relief cut top center look good.
Hi Izzy, good to hear from you, thanks for the comment, just remember when you see it in person stand on the other side of the room LOL, its all hand cut and the hand isn't as steady as it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
I have 3 trucks with the 437 rpm planet motors I like them a lot . I like the speed and they still have enough power to pull my grandkids on my Flatdeck . What to with the trannys now
Mike, I'm in the same boat but i'll figure something to do with them. What battery are you running with your motors? I just run 7.2 nimh and they seemed a little slow since those are 12v motors, that's why I swapped the motors, made a big difference.