View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Printing Thread

Well add another idiot with weed eater spool of parts to the ever growing list of my abilities to do something that resembles a good part.

-- beauty is only a light switch away & everything look better with alcohol. !!

Yup, I have entered the print world, well not yet but in the mail. Purchased a combo Afinia 480. You have been correct with what I have found about prices, reliability , support, assembly, and machines!! I like the ability to have potential support a simple phone call away, USA based. Keep us updated on even the simplest of things as I'm sure I'm not the only one with interest in your trials and tribulations. I have yet to ask of help as I usually can figure it out myself but,,, the design and build software is to be my biggest hurdle. (Got two left thumbs and can't ever find the damm power button to get electronics turned on ).

Question, in reference to finish of parts, did you refer to vapor boiling in acetone? Or were you actually boiling acetone? (I've done my share of finger loosing things but I don't think I'm gonna be boiling that on the gas stove!).
And what plate are you printing on? Glass? Painters tape?

Again thanks for sharing and eager to see and hear more, thanks !!