View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 PM

Animal is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I have to Agree with what's being said here. I've been in the hobby for 30+ yrs., and when I found this site after building my Globe Liner, I was really happy to find a place to communicate with others about the hobby, as I don't know anyone very close to me that I can get together with easily. Lately though I've spent less and less time on the forum because of the drama. I get enough of that at work. It's gotten to the point that I even shelved my Globe and haven't touched in in months. It's not just the people that cut down other builds for one reason or another, recently someone posted a question and a personal opinion about an item, and not only did he get what I consider a bit of a nasty reply from a (company rep), others seemed to gang up on him. The thread was closed by the time I read it, but I sent a personal message of support and offered a possible solution for his question. That is what I believe this forum is for, NOT attacking someone's build or question. As for the build of the month, I was disappointed here that it may have been being tampered with, and although I respect the decision of the mods to end it, I feel that it should have been put to a vote by the forum members. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.

On the lighter side, my favorite color is charcoal, preferably under a nice steak, and my favorite ice cream is rum raisin.