View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Nathan, I just went through your truck build, and MAN, it looks good and should be as stout as the real thing. Keep the up the good work.
Thanks Dirtpusher! I appreciate your opinion, especially after knowing the skill level you are at with your builds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
I think your build will encourage the sales of Wedico trucks. Even when you discuss the down falls you show excellent solutions. Have you thought about selling some of your parts like your hood hinge/ front spring hanger?
Craig, hard to say! The biggest downfall of the Wedicos is the cost. I wouldn't mind machining parts someday, but right now, everything I make is done during off hours at work, and my access to the mill and lathe are somewhat limited. If I buy a mill of my own, maybe that will change, but for now, I'm still figuring things out for this truck, as I go. When this one is complete, I plan to take a break from building trucks, and try a trailer or two. I'd still like to do one more Wedico - a large car with a sleeper, but that will be later, and hopefully I'll be able to knock that build out a lot faster. This heavy hauler being a bit of a test bed for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Nate you are doing a great job on the truck keep up the great work..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Looks sharp. Amazing machine work.

-Ben
Thanks Ben and Paul, for the kind words!