View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Cat Excavator Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
your welcome man... i appreciate the help you give to whoever asks and to myself...

is there any way you could draw out a schematic on how your rams are made and how it all works....

i'd like to make me a custom excavator/ log loader with your ideas...

also whats the better size to build these machines? i see 1/16 and 1/14.5...

and another question i have is can you combine servos via a switch on the radio or wire harness to work with one stick? so you can have two rams on the big arm that comes right off the machine work in tandem to one stick on the radio?

i know i ask alot but i'm trying to eliminate the learning curve to all this...

thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
hey tyler sorry i didn't realize you were trying to sell your ideas for the rams... but anyhow you've been very respectful and i hope you didn't take my noisying around as an insult... can't wait to see the final product and you r doing awesome....joe
There is no problem asking questions and I did not take offense to your words about posting pics. I use a very similar method to pumptech and his builds for the rams but I machine my own parts internally to make them look and opperate a little differently. The main difference between them is how they attatch to the servo and that I have made full cylinder sleeves on my lathe as where he used materials that he had on hand.

His cylinders work great and no worse than mine. I just had an expensive machine to make mine look pretty so to speak. If you would like pumptech is VERY knowledgable and has a great write up on making your own rams if you'd like to take a look.

Thanks for the intrest and I hope to get some progress pics up by the end of this week. Have a lot to make up for.