View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 01:56 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Jolipe, glad you enjoy it, but it you want to see a really detailed ScaleART thread, you should check out this one ... in German, but plenty of step by step pictures!

http://www.modelltruck.net/showthrea...astzugmaschine

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So back to the TGS ... yesterday I took the whole cabin apart again and re-assembled it in a different order. First front and side panels, then roof, which went on without a hitch, and then those 2 black angle pieces that will hold the floor of the cabin. This way things lined up easier.

So now time for the back piece.

First need to add the metal lock bar for the rear. Need to drill out the 4 holes for the bolts. I used a 1.5mm bit. Bolts are 1.6mm.

Next is the 2 plastic covers for the cabin ventilation. These just glued in place

Ready to be bolted to the rest of the cabin. Manual specs M3x8 for the top, but replaced those with M3x6. the 8 ones were too long (might work for the XXL version with the high roof). The rest of the screws are M2x8.

The M2x8 are a bit long, so will replace them with shorter ones when I reassemble the cabin once i receive the LEDs. The little holes I circled are for optional airflow panels.

Next the air intake cover on the left side of the cabin.

The openings are to run the wiring through to the electronics compartment. It will be covered by the other part of the air intake

Air intake cover laid in place (not attached yet)

Cabin fitted to frame. Will need to adjust the angle of the bumper and extend the supporting arms of the heavy coupling.

Back of cabin with air intake cover temporarily in place

Rear locking mechanism

Top view comparison with cabin from the Arocs

Next up will put the electronic compartment in so I can see what is visible from the back and needs painting, then take the lot apart, paint and final assembly. Can't do much with the cabin until I get the position and indicator LEDs.

Last edited by Rakthi; 01-14-2016 at 01:58 AM.