View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:04 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

About half way there Rob. The wheel bearing grease I used is lithium based... no doubt I put too much in & it pressured up like you said... no worries though, a new motor & reduction will be here soon.

T-9, the 09 Stahl I was using last winter to feed the jaw crusher in the basement, machine works at a perfect speed for that job; the 05 Stahl the boom broke can't remember when, I've stripped it down to use parts from it on other projects; the 01 Stahl still intact despite well over 1000hrs use, the 3rd set of cyls loose a tank's worth of oil per batt, but the pump & valves continued to work flawlessly, never changed a valve servo in it, it's probably 5yrs since I last turned it on.

Cooper I'm at a loss for words... wonder what else might you be cooking in the garage besides tires?

Not much accomplished in the LGCC quarry this week... weather here is still like Fall, been helping my neighbor tear out an old mobile trl home from his lake front lot & clean up site for a RTM to arrive next May, just incredible weather to be sweating in T shirts in December!

Late today I tore into the JD850 again, going to swap Jung pumps, what came in the JD450 kit was too much flow for that lil hoe, I think the 4003 (0,45) will be ideal for the 850 with its much larger cyls. A fresh batt with its voltage over 16, the hyd speed is where I like it, I can get a lil shake out of the bucket to jiggle the sticky dirt out. Then in 10-15 mins it's likely less than 16v & flow slows down quite a bit.

Brake Clean works like a steamer

Belt drive pulley starting to show some wear again, cogs still look good on the belt.

Clay is such a pain!!! Leaving the 850 sit in the hole the last few months, the dirt on the tracks stayed moist & the clay squeezed out between the pads. Bringing the 850 out of the hole a couple wks ago to do some wrenching on it for a day, it was just enough time for the clay to harden up some & ever since cause some binding.

Gotta change a servo on the boom valve; just recently, when ripping - working the servos continually for long periods - the boom servo starts to twitch & time out; using hoe the last couple nights to clean up pile behind tunnel - short operating intervals, no problems with servo must be getting weak. It'll be the 1st one I've changed since new.

And gotta split the house from u/c again, wasn't able to take out the backlash on the swing with motor plate adjustment as much as I'd like; set screws on pinion must need changing.

Joe