View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle machinery dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
I was thinking about the Premacon loader, at about 8000USD ex.VAT RTR (To compare with the Eagle equipment which is advertised as RTR) Fully agree with Lil giants about German vs Chinese made models. And I think the Chinese have much higher profit margin than e.g fumotec and Premacon, because of the possibility to pay very low salaries and in general use of cheap materials/parts.
The high end German machines will last 'a lifetime', and I seldom see any second hand for sale. Many of the ones that are sold second hand, I guess change ownership within local clubs. Second hand ones sometimes are put on the ebay, so one just have to be patient and keep ones eyes open. I guess Fumotec is the lowest priced high end brand, if going for a new kit. Looks to be very durable machines, mainly steel.
Very true. There is nothing wrong with aluminum and other thin metals, but it needs to be properly re-enforced. Also with wheel loaders, the transmissions need to be reliable. At an RC construction club, it is your responsibility to make sure you don't damage other's machines. If you are driving an RC loader up an incline and there is an RC dump truck below, the last thing you need is for the plastic gears in the transmission to quit. Since most RC vehicles do not have breaks, this is very important.