View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shipping/customs damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Damm, yea it sounds like both of you did the right thing and to me it sounds like a customs check. Customs have the power to open anything. It's kind of a random thing unless something looks off. But when these guys do they don't care and figure oh well it's clear and we will just throw it in a box for shipping co. I had a friend that worked at a big commercial shipping (brown trucks) and he had told me of a lot of stuff. Basically said if it's valuable pack it good!! And make sure you have damage insurance. Man I know how excited you would be to get the box and then jaw drop !! That really sucks. No matter what it's just a real pain for all of you. Seller probably feels bad and sounds like he's on the right path.
The wife rang me to say it had arrived so I rushed home from work early (so excited and it was a friday after all!) then opened it up and as you say, jaw drop!

Was really gutted but the seller is on the case in oz and can take up to 10 days for a claim.

Still waiting for Premacon and THS modelle to reply to my several emails for the prices on the parts its been almost a week and nothing!

With out the prices I don't see how the claim can be processed?