View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Had some changes on the 4200 excavator, as I mentioned in another post I installed a gauge and filter to the system. For the time I have, (winter will be a complete overhaul) I placed a small particle size disposable filter inline between tank and pump. I thought a suction would be better than pressure if it gets clogged. And ease of location. Now I don't really know what foreign particles were in the hydro system but seeing some stuff floating by in the clear lines I just wanted to get something inline. Digging had been going well and strong aside from a leaking (dripping) bucket cylinder, . She has definitely been getting worked and used, bucket is bent up, scraping teeth on side of bucket have been bent back several times, ect ,,, but it started to get slow stick movements after about five to ten min of work. I would turn off let sit for a min, then back to digging well again. Every time a bit shorter, I thought the pump was wearing out already. Realized it's just not getting enough flow from filter. Removed and wow it's like new again!! (With the leaks ). Just curious if location of filter is for a purpose. I see most having filters before entering the tank, I was thinking of pump protection and right before pump would be best. Just preference or is there something I'm not aware of? And I'm also under the impression of never having too much effective filtering for hydraulic systems.