Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Parkinson Heavy Haulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofabooz View Post
Hi Stu

Thanks for your positive comments.
The Arduino Nano is there to process the command form the infrared remote control.
You can switch the left or right lights and the beacon on the building on or off independently.
Future expansion will be the remote operation of the door and possibly some sound effects and a display screen or clock.
the two light towers also operate form the same remote though of using Bluetooth or a spare radio set but that would have meant carrying a phone or transmitter around and the simple remote or even a tv remote could be used is small and has loads of buttons so win win.
I will think about producing the light towers I will just have to refine them a bit further first

Many thanks

Mark
Thanks for the explanation Mark, so is there an arduino in the light tower aswell?

I'm really getting into the arduino range of stuff, after seeing your post I ordered a starter kit, its awesome!
After a couple of hours of head scratching and watching tutorials I created a thermometer with lcd display, the possibilities are endless!

My plan now is to make a system to fit in my digger with a small oled display in the cab which shows volts, amps, temp & oil pressure then sends that info to my taranis as telemtry a bit like the brixl system only a fraction of the cost.

Running before I can walk I know and the coding is going to be a nightmare but we'll see....

Waiting for oled & volt, amp & pressure sensors to arrive.

Stu