Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wa 500 Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzuRazing View Post
This is awesome
Glad I can follow your progress

And also, I read thru the thread of your 3d printed cabin and that inspired me to try out this new tech , so a RepRap Mendelmax 1.5 it will be (I have ordered the printed plastic parts and 20/20 frame already)

Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

Glad to help light that fire.
Looking forward to seeing your setup when you are up and running.
Thanks for watching my builds.

Heres the latest on this loader.

Had to make some new mounting rings for the motors as the originals are just staying on the oe front end for easy future referencing.

Here they are mounted. I used nuts to strengthen things up even though i did tap the holes first...

Been looking at the 1:1 counter weight and decided to take a stab at it out of steel.

After squaring with a fly cutter. Getting this squared up is important as theres going to be some serious material being removed. Dont want anything wiggling around in the vise.

Weight is 3lbs. Im not sure if i should hollow some of it out. Im thinking too much weight could be excessive wear on the gear reduction?...In the dirt it shouldnt be an issue. On pavement overtime..maybe. But it will definitely keep the back end planted.

Starting on the rear body, grinding both sides to the same dimensions.

The battery access door will be the rear upper plate with the nice contoured bend on the back. Having some trouble figuring out how to attach it neatly. Would like to hinge it but that doesnt seem to want to work well and keep the gap between the stationary plate the hinge is mounted to (the top of the body) and the hinged plate edge. The gap will be too noticeable. Maybe i need a special interior hinge...idk