View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first semi build thread

I put a micro servo on my first truck, ran the rod down everything is easily adjusted with a programmable radio, works great....as long as its the only truck you have and your only pulling one trailer or its a shelf queen. As my fleet grew, with both trucks and trailers I realized that it was a huge PIA, mostly when I was at a meet and wanted to switch trailers or in one case a young guy new to the truck stuff asked if he could pull my trailer hooked to that tractor, didn't want to tell him no so I had to shut down the truck I was driving and switch models in the radio just to unlatch the 5th wheel. The cool factor and good clean look wore off real fast as this type of thing happened more than once. You also might consider a separate receiver battery pack instead of the ESC BEC or have a hot spare battery with you all the time, if your battery dies or you have an electrical problem its a real pain trying to move a truck with the trailer attached to it, to the bench or where ever just because its "cool" to have a servo operated 5th wheel. I won't change my first truck but I haven't done it to the last 2 I've built. Have fun, its looking good, liking the purple, waiting for more pics!

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 09-16-2016 at 12:31 PM.