View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have had this done and been able to drive down to the pit outback in daylight but this pest kept getting in the way!!!

And the easy battery access

I did get a trip down to the pit but no video as it was too dark. This is my first rig and I don't know what to expect but have followed many others advise and threads. I quickly found out that any imperfections in the dirt road stopped the truck. Going down was easy but kept getting stuck on the way out. Now it's making me rethink the dumper build.

Ok which one is better for dirt roads and uneven surfaces? Axles with lockers or having front wheel drive? Obliviously front drive with lockers all around is best but I have rear (2) and front drive axles for the dumper build. But would have to purchase locking axles. My thoughts are for building the Aeromax dump truck with lockable rears and just stock front. Figure if it gets low on traction I can lock and still be able to have a good turning radius when not locked. Is that what you guys are doing?