View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 02:53 AM

Jakyat is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: KW c500 double set back tandem tandem 8X8 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I remember you had posted a question in the tech forum about correcting winch creep from your continuous rotation servos... I think I found a solution for you, if you haven't already solved it; the product is made in Burnaby, BC.

http://www.freewebstore.org/HeyOK-Pe...2_8013975.aspx
Joe, if you get this....and anyone else that mayb be interested, I have finally tried this mofset controller. Wow. 1st, id like to say ; Amazing service!! I didn't feel comfortable doing this mod myself, so I disassembled my winch module and sent both my winch drive servos out to Burnaby. Mr. Jackson with Heyok did the mod for me and l had my servos back within 8 days from the time I dropped them in the mailbox. He installed his 4amp switch into each servo. This modification allows you to draw power directly from the battery bypassing the esc. The first time i tried my winch, the hook snagged in my frame rail and broke my winchline which is rated for 80lbs��!!! unbelievable!! It always pulled hard but wow. The problem i was having was no brake in neautral position. (Winch creep). It still creeps a bit at about 20 lbs, which is fine. I can live with that.
This is my winch module(a year ago). You can see the two continuous servos mounted under the drum, both with 1" servo gears which drive the gears on either side of the drumm. All of this hardware came from servocity.

Last edited by Jakyat; 01-22-2017 at 02:58 AM. Reason: More to explain