Thread: Wa 500 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wa 500 Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Reg, Nate- Thanks guys, Yes i agree and your right.. but this being my first machine. I wouldnt know where to start. I never even seen one up close till i got this one. im good at copying something...Not good at making up designs without seeing it first..BUT i think im sure i can scratch build my next model and i have been thinking about what size Dozer i want to build. Only hard part about that would be the tracks..Again if i had a track peice to examine i could copy it. I have made plastic track parts with my Printer. I might have to visit the CNC machinist down the street for that. The rest is very doable after attempting this. I look at the cost i spent on this to have been also part of the learning process... Anyone want to buy a used wa500 chassis? lol Thanks for the nice comments.
Jason, my thoughts exactly, and once you see just what exactly you are getting, when you buy a model like this, it begs the question, are they really worth the cost? Some of the more detailed models might be. Some just seem so simple, with what amounts to stamped aluminum sheets, bolted together, it's hard to justify the asking price. But for those of us who don't have the talent, or tools, to scratchbuild our own, we can't complain to much!