Thread: Wa 500 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wa 500 Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Yeah, I saw the business name at the bottom of your email weeks ago & looked it up. Quite an occupation you have going on there... you a jack of trades in that shop? owner/operator too?

You sure did a mighty fine job of cutting & shaping that metal.
Joe, I have my own shop on the end of the building were I do all the repairs, and fab/ welding for the rest of the shop, whatever to keep the business rolling. Theres always something needing fixed or made. And in tge past few years we have started to focus on automation so that is good practice for scratch building and it requires all the essential tools for making stuff. i dont have much programming experince but i like the change of pace doing everything else.My father is the founder and my brother and I are co owners. I don't run a machine any more, not for ten years now. I'm glad we grew to the point were we hire operators to run the high pro machines. I can't stand in the same place all day long.

Nate, I know right? Stamped aluminum sheet screwed together.... Can you imagine my surprise when first getting a look at this loader? Lol. I immediately thought what you just said. ! But I'd have to say this is a rather complex model..? Maybe not as intricate as an excavator but its got some engineering into it. Just needs more meat on it. So that's what I'm doing. I originally didn't set out to scratch build a loader.. But after seeing this one I knew I could improve it and the Bondo wasn't sitting well with me, there's no way to take this apart easily to fix something if I had left it. And maybe ill add some value to it by doing this. It's fun tho..the building part. I think I enjoy that more than actually driving it... Well that's to be determined yet.. I think I finally found an interest in something( rc construction) that will keep me interested. Glad I found this board too. Wish I could have learned the basics from the original garden trucking board. This board seems to be the next level where maybe a lot of basics have been left on the old board. But still the best place to currently be.