Thread: JBC limited NZ
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 02:26 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: JBC limited NZ

I got a radio manual with my RC4wd hoe, but the English translation was quite poor & didn't offer much sensible info anyway... my model didn't run long enough to let me do much with it.

I recall changing servo travel (EPA) & it being easy to find/to do in the programming, though I don't remember the sequence of what I did today. I think you want to look for either servo adjustment or servo travel to find the EPA values.

While EPA values can be equal on both sides for bucket & stick, I usually program a very low value for boom down because of the effect of gravity... the Vario 850 has a very heavy boom/stick & @100% EPA will drop very fast with very little stick throw... currently boom down is 60% & up is 100%. The boom/stick on your model is considerably lighter, but on the other hand it still has a long boom & stick and gravity with have some effect with a bucket full of dirt... plus your hyd pump & motor is a poorly matched combo, you have too much flow & too much pressure for that size of model.

What I did with my Stahl excavators (22lbs gvw) to set hyd pressure was with the bucket perpendicular to the tracks, set the pressure so the stick could just barely pull the hoe sideways on hard ground (that's with both tracks staying grounded). The pressure was about 16-17bar with a 14mm stick piston. My Vario is just too heavy & that test is irrelevant, even @35bar with a 22mm stick piston, it doesn't have the hyd power to pull itself sideways. I see it advertised that china hoe weighs 44lbs... mine weighed roughly 32lbs with a NiMH 4amp battery.

Joe